The California Self Generation Incentive Program (SGIP) is a ratepayer-funded rebate program overseen by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and available to retail electric and gas customers of the major California investor-owned utilities (PG&E, SCE, LADWP, & SDGE). Step 1 opened on May 1, 2017 and Step 2 will open on June 5, 2017. Get your reservation request ready. Step 2 Incentive is $400/kWh.
- Significant increase in available funds for commercial and residential energy storage
- Changes funding allocation so that 85% percentof the new funding is reserved for energy storage projects
- 15% of SGIP funding to be reserved for projects 10kW and below
- Allocates new funds in 5 Steps that provide funding for projects based on a specified, decreasing incentive amount. Step 1 has the highest rebate per watt-hour, and declines over the Steps until funds are exhausted under Step 5
- A priority is given to energy storage connected to solar
Adara Power can assist solar developers with SGIP reservations to ensure that you receive the highest quality energy storage systems at the most reasonable prices. Don’t pay mark-ups for inexperienced, web-based resellers who are trying to game the system for profit (don’t take our word for it).
SGIP is a complicated process that requires multiple steps for commercial customers to take advantage of the incentives. Learn about the SGIP Application Process or check out our SGIP FAQ.
Why Adara Power?
Adara Power is an experienced energy storage manufacturer with installations around the country. Developers throughout California can testify to the quality of our energy storage solutions and the personalized approach to our customer service and technical support. Our energy storage systems work with your new or existing solar installations to reduce the amount of electricity that the building draws from the grid. These systems are eligible for the Federal Investment Tax Credit (30%), as well as the soon to be released CA SGIP rebate.